1. Contact details
Your personal information is collected by Innovative Systems, Inc. and its affiliates (“we”/”us”/”our”). You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or complaints in relation to the use of your personal information or this Recruitment Notice, you can contact a representative at: email@example.com.
2. Personal information collected
We collect the information below about you during the recruitment process. If you fail to provide certain information when requested we will not be able to progress your application.
- Information provided in your resume/curriculum vitae, application form, cover letter and during the interview process including: your name, date of birth, age, gender, home address, personal email address, education, qualification and work experience details and work history, skills, languages spoken, and references.
- Information collected or created by us during the recruitment process including: interview notes, assessments, test scores and correspondence between us.
- Information about criminal convictions: we carry out background checks as part of the recruitment process.
- Information as part of our background check if deemed relevant and necessary for the positing may include: reviewing publically available information on the internet, and publically available social media activity.
- Special categories of personal data including: Racial and ethnic origin information and information relating to disabilities, religious beliefs or sexual orientation, physical or mental health information and immigration/naturalisation records (if this discloses racial/ethnic origin information).
- Other information gathered through our website is purely statistical. This information is useful to us and enables us not only to improve and upgrade our website but also to refine our Careers page. This information is anonymous in nature.
3. How we use personal information
We use your personal information to progress the recruitment process, assess and make a decision about your suitability for a role, to communicate with you and to carry out reference checks. We will also use your information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not collect information for use that could result in intentional or unintentional discrimination. Your personal information is accessible through a secure logon by authorized members of Innovative’s Human Resources team and the designated hiring manager for the job role.
4. Sources of information
This information is either (a) provided by you; (b) obtained from third parties through the application and recruitment process; or (c) created by us in the course of the recruitment process. You may provide this information to us electronically through our website Careers page, over the Internet, by email, physically, or through a third party.
5. Why we use personal information
We will use the information collected from you because: (1) it is necessary for us to do so before entering into a contract with you; (2) we need to process your information in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or (3) because we or a third party have a legitimate interest to: (a) ensure the effective administration and management of the recruitment process; (b) ensure we hire a suitable individual for a role; (c) deal with disputes and accidents and take legal or other professional advice; and (d) ascertain your fitness to work.
6. How we use special category personal information
We will process your special categories of personal data (1) to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process and to ascertain your fitness to work; (2) for equal opportunity monitoring purposes; or (3) to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation.
7. Why we use special category personal information
We will use special categories of personal information collected about you because: (1) you have provided your explicit written consent; (2) we need to do so to carry out our legal obligations; (3) it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence or legal claims on in relation to court cases; (4) there is a substantial public interest; (5) it is needed to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests) and you are not capable of giving your consent.
8. Information about criminal convictions
s part of the recruitment process we may ask you for information in relation to criminal convictions AND/OR we carry out criminal background checks. We use this information and these checks (1) to assess your suitability for a regulated role; (2) to protect your interests, our interests, our clients’ interests, and third party interests; (3) because it is necessary in relation to legal claims. We are allowed to use your personal information in this way where it is necessary to carry out our employment rights and obligations.
9. Information that we share
We will only share your personal information with the following third parties for the purposes of processing your application: (1) employment agencies, (2) background check providers and online test providers, (3) credit reference agencies and (4) regulators and competent authorities. We will also share personal data within our group for the purposes of administration, accounting and reporting purposes.
10. Retention of your information
We will retain your personal information for the duration of the recruitment process and for the length of any applicable limitation period for claims which might be brought against us later. If you are successful in applying for a position, your personal information will be retained for a further period, as set out within our Employee Privacy Notice.
11. Where your information will be held
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to the United States, Mexico, and the European Union for the purposes of administrating the recruitment process subject to us implementing appropriate safeguards. If you would like to obtain copies of such safeguards you can request them from us on the contact details above.
12. Your rights
You have the following rights in connection to your data: the rights of access, correction, erasure, objection, restriction, transfer, and the right to withdraw consent and to complain to a Supervisory Authority. You may correct, amend, or delete that personal information where it is inaccurate or you wish to restrict it. You may request access to personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We employ reasonable technical and organizational measures within our company — including physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards — designed to help secure the privacy of all personal information we retain, and protect it from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We reserve the right to update and revise this RECRUITMENT NOTICE: PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA at any time. You can determine if this notice has been revised since your last visit by referring to the “Effective Date of Current Notice” date at the top of this page. Your use of our site constitutes your acceptance of the terms of this notice as amended or revised by us, and you should therefore review this notice regularly to ensure that you are aware of its terms.
Our site may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and that this notice applies solely to the information that we collect through this site. We encourage you to ensure that you read the privacy statements of all the destination websites that you visit.
Time limit to respond: We try to respond to all legitimate requests within a reasonable time. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.