Challenges and Best Practices of PEP and Sanctions Screening, Part 2: Fine Tuning Your Matching Rules
Highlighting the advanced capabilities of FinScan, Innovative's sanctions and PEP screening solution.
Matching rules – and being able to understand, describe, and justify these rules to your regulator – are critical to your screening program's success. Failing to define and understand matching rules properly can greatly increase the number of false positives requiring review, which also increases the risk of missing a true match and incurring fines or reputational damage. Taking a nuanced approach to this issue is a critical component of defining a risk-based approach, as sanctions and PEP screening solutions are only as strong as the matching technology they utilize.
Specific topics include:
- FinScan matching overview
- Comparison of matching technologies
- Reflecting your data quality in matching rules
- Risk-based approach – customizing match rules based on risk type
- Determining acceptable volumes of false positives based on data completeness
Please complete the form below to view this webinar recording.